Main IDX file

Saint23 14:58 08 May 04

I keep getting a message that my main IDX file is damaged. Aol tech line has helped me repair it once but once more the message has come on the screen. What I want to know is
1. What is causing it?
2. How can I stop it happening again?
3. What does the file do?

SANTOS7 15:04 08 May 04

If your running windows xp you will get this error message if your user account is set to limited.
set it to administrator level and see if it straightens out
it does it with mine and i can recreate the same problem
not sure why in the limited level it will not work but guess we would have to ask AOL

You can do several thing to fix this.

In AOL 9.0, right click the AOL icon in the taskbar at the right hand corner of near the clock, then click on System Information. When it opens...it takes a few seconds...click on the Utilities tab at the top of the page. Click on the Quick Restore button at the bottom of the page. Click on Procedd, then follow any on-screen instructions after that.

If you donot have the AOL tray icon, click on Start, Programs and look for America Online (no version number next to it). Click on AOL System Information in the sub-menu.

In versions of AOL before 9.0:
Go to My Computer
Double-click the C: drive
Double-click on Program Files
Double-click on America Online X.0

((Note): If you have several installations of AOL, open the latest installation file, i.e., 8.0, 8.0a, etc. 8.0a if the latest installation.)

Doulbe-click on the Backup folder
Right-click on main (or main.idx)
Left-click on COPY
Click the BACK arrow in the upper left hand corner of the window
Right-click on the IDB folder
Left-click on PASTE
Answer YES to the question.
After that is done,
scroll down on the page and fine the COMPVER file.
Right-click on it, then left-click on DELETE.
Answer YES to send it to the Recycle Bin.
Restart AOL

If the above two procedures donot work, uninstall all AOL from the computer, then reinstall it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…