Main Board Audio verses Sound Card

bgrave 23:25 PM 05 Nov 11

I use the BBC iPlayer to listen to concerts etc on my PC; recently I have bought my self a pair of Creative PC Speakers. They are a lot better than my previous screech boxes. I use the on Mainboard sound system (Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L). Could I do my self any favors sound wise by fitting a Sound Card.

gengiscant 01:59 AM 06 Nov 11

Personally speaking I had not noticed any improvement when I have used a sound card in the past. It used to be that onboard sound was pretty rubbish but that is not the case these days. Providing,I believe, you have reasonable speakers then onboard sound is fine.

I expect others will have a different views.

bgrave 22:24 PM 08 Nov 11

Hello gengiscant. Many thanks for your input; if I get an Audio Card for christmas I will try it and see. Thanks again

wee eddie 00:56 AM 09 Nov 11

On Board Sound is quite adequate, unless you are planning to do any recording and manipulation of Sounds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…