MailWasher v Norton Internet Security Professional

Enoch 05:50 29 Sep 04

I have Norton Internet Security Proffessional installed and I would like to instal "MailWasher". In Norton Seurity there is a Anti-Spam programme that is used pretty effectively. I would like to use the Mailwasher as well as I understand that Mailwasher bounces Spam emails back to the sender. Can I have them both installed or would it create problems?

Advice would be appreciated

johnnyrocker 06:56 29 Sep 04

mailwasher has a 'bounce' facility but it is a pretty pointless exercise as it just adds to web useless traffic and confirms your address.

megat193 14:57 29 Sep 04

The sender of a spam email which you choose to 'bounce'should receive a message from the ISP basically saying that the email address doesn't exist; I would dispute that this confirms that the email address exists.

Having said that, however, spam email addresses themselves generally do not exist, therefore I would agree that, in most cases, it is a pointless exercise.

megat193 15:01 29 Sep 04

Further to my previous post, and answering your original query, I use Mailwasher and Norton Antivirus 2004 and have no problem. Remember that Mailwasher is dealing with your mail in your pop mailbox on the server, not your pc.

Hope that helps.

Enoch 18:33 29 Sep 04

Thanks johnnyrocker and megat193. I now know I can have both on my PC, thanks to megat193, but I take johnnyrocker's point that my bouncing of emails creates even more web useless traffic which would not be my intention.

So thanks guys and now it is my "make up your mind time"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…