Mailwasher repair??possible ? how

end 17:30 22 Dec 04

refer to this threaclick here

I need to change the question now to

can Mailwasher be repaired or do I need to reinstall it on Tower, as that seems to be my way forward now; lappy has run OK with the Mailwasher, so it must be the tower that is at fault; for some reason the tower Mailwasher will not download and check the entire mail on the server; lappy will, so I am assuming the Tower one is "corrupt" or sumunt:)

both machines on win 98se and IE6

I have looked in the Mailwasher program but cannot See repair bit within it

tas

GaT7 17:52 22 Dec 04

No harm in trying an uninstall/reinstall. If you don't delete any MailWasher folders when doing so you should still have your Friends list & blacklisted list intact. G

end 17:57 22 Dec 04

where thru; the add/remove programs in control pannel or?????

I"ve got the program in my downloads foldere so, am hopeful all should be ok (famous last words)

but; should all my pop3 etc addresses still be on the system or will I have to redu all that lot? i.e. reprogram it?

will the PC "remember" the previous settings?

end 17:59 22 Dec 04

OR';;; can I install it OVER itself from my downloads folder??
just a wild thought!!

GaT7 18:01 22 Dec 04

"where thru; the add/remove programs in control pannel or?"

Yes, that should do it fine.

"will the PC "remember" the previous settings?"

No. I don't think so. You'll need to import them again & fill up their password fields. G

GaT7 18:03 22 Dec 04

"OR'; can I install it OVER itself from my downloads folder?"

Possible, but the first method is recommended. G

end 18:24 22 Dec 04

BINGO!!!

for the record; removed via the add/remove programs in control pannel; then reinstalled from my downloads folder on tower; machine "remembered" all the settings and has now checked the entire server messages (at present all 425 of them!!)

end 18:31 22 Dec 04

thanks Crossbow7::))

GaT7 18:31 22 Dec 04

Glat that did it : )) G

GaT7 18:32 22 Dec 04

GLAD!! ;o ) G

end 18:48 22 Dec 04

moi aussi::))

I spent over an hour last nite trying to get it to read all my mail on server and got very cross:(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…