Mailwasher query

JaßîsFaß ˜ 10:03 22 Nov 04

I have XP, with AVG, Zone Alarm and Mailwasher, and two e-mail accounts (AOL and Tiscali). I've got Mailwasher to check my incoming mail OK, and when I choose 'process mail' it works fine and opens Outlook which downloads the mails to Outlook from the e-mail servers.

Can someone tell me though, when the Mailwasher minimizes after processing mail should the mail message list clear down so when I next go to Mailwasher it has removed these earlier message details? (beacuse at the moment it still shows them) Or do I have to 'clear' the messages manually each time?

§ 11:46 22 Nov 04

JaßîsFaß mine disappear after processing.

But I've just checked on some incoming mail and found that if I immediately reopen Mailwasher they're still there - they disappeared after 3 tries.

I normally only open Mailwasher when it's icon is flashing and then all previous mail has gone.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:09 22 Nov 04

OK - i'll try and see if I wait for mailwasher to flash and see what happens.

Any mailwasher experts to confirm / deny this?

beeuuem 13:21 22 Nov 04

As I understand it,( and I am open to correction :-) ) mail that you download to Outlook remain on Mailwasher until the next time the mail is checked from the server.
The shorter the time between polling the server the quicker the D/L mail will disappear from Mailwasher.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:53 22 Nov 04

Tried waiting for next time the MWasher told me of new mail but last messages were still listed. Do I really have to clear them manually?

Chris the Ancient 20:55 22 Nov 04

Rather than minimising Mailwasher, have you tried exiting completely? This may be the way that will clear the list.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:50 22 Nov 04

I wil try, as I think I normally minimize.

hugh-265156 00:02 23 Nov 04

when you click 'process mail' outlook or OE will open but you then need to click 'send receive' in them and download from the server.

once you have done this (and if you have your e-mail software set to NOT leave a copy on the server) it disappears from mailwasher.

hugh-265156 00:06 23 Nov 04

delete from server outlook:

'tools/accounts/email accounts/view or change existing accounts/change/more settings/advanced' untick 'leave a copy of messages on server'

OE:

'tools/accounts/properties/advanced' untick 'leave a copy of messages on server'

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:20 23 Nov 04

Tried exit, didn't work, and my IMAP e-mail options in MWasher does not offer a 'leave copy' on server option.

hugh-265156 00:40 23 Nov 04

the settings are not in mailwasher but you email software, outlook or OE.

if your email account is imap or http then this option is not avaialable, i know its not with my mobile phone account and i need to click 'purge' in outlook to delete the messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…