Mailwasher programme question

muscic lover 11:42 05 May 07

I use mailwasher to download my e-mails. Now spam is easily filtered.... but
If I use mailwasher to 'open' my mail to check if it is spam or good stuff am I liable to be hit by those sort of sites that automatically record wether the mail has been read or not?

do you use mailwasher as well?

Just wondering.

Thanks

p;3 12:03 05 May 07

I use mailwasher; run it; if at all in doublt open it and right mouse click the line you are worried about then see preview message ; left mouse click; then tick display full messager and message sourse; if in doubt; merely mark for deletion in the mailwasher and press process mail and it will be removed from server; as far as I am aware previewing it does NOT alert anyone that is has been previewed

though I might just test that on one of my own

Jackcoms 15:22 05 May 07

"I use mailwasher to download my e-mails"

No, you don't.

Mailwasher does not download e-mails. It merely allows you to preview what is on your ISP's server.

It is only after you click Mailwasher's 'Process Mail' button that the e-mail is downloaded to your e-mail client (OE, Outlook, etc, etc).

So, the answer to your question is no.

p;3 17:31 05 May 07

I think the question is; does previewing mail IN mailwasher spark off a 'read receipt '?

Jackcoms 18:09 05 May 07

"I think the question is; does previewing mail IN mailwasher spark off a 'read receipt '?"

And, as I've already said, the answer is no

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced