Mailwasher problem- DNS failed?

Daibus 09:10 24 May 06

Have just installed Mailwasher on my laptop but it will not connect and I get a message which says -DNS failed. I`ve checked the connections but cannot find where the problem is.

Help gratefully accepted.

johnnyrocker 09:11 24 May 06

have you configured it with the correct mail settings for connection?

johnny.

Daibus 09:16 24 May 06

I`ve checked them with the settings on the desktop but can`t see where the problem is. My mail programme - Thunderbird is working with no problem.

VoG II 09:17 24 May 06
  VoG II 09:18 24 May 06

Q. I'm having problems with MailWasher connecting to the internet, what can I do?
A. Error: Could not connect to the internet, or DNS failed.

1. Go to the control panel, click on 'Internet options' and then go to the 'connections' tab and make sure 'Always dial my default connection' is selected.

2. If you're running a version of Nortons Antivirus earlier than 2002, you'll notice a 'nortons reference' in the POP account settings. It will look like this - 'pop3.norton.antivirus'. Remove the Norton references from the account info and just use your normal POP connection details. This won't affect your system security as MailWasher only checks messages on the server in text mode so viruses and scripts can't be run. Nortons AV will catch anything else when you download the email through your e-mail client.

3. Make sure you can receive POP3 emails. There are other Internet connection protocols available but which MailWasher does not support at present, although POP3 is by far the most common.

Daibus 09:55 24 May 06

Many thanks for your reply.

My laptop is connecting via WiFi to my Access Point then to the Broadband Router. On the Connections panel "always dial a default connection" is greyed out - my Internet connection is working with no problem but I think, as you say, the connection configuration is wrong. I do have NAV but it is 2005.

Cheers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…