Mailwasher pro upgrade help please

golfpro 09:13 04 Nov 06

I have been using Mailwasher free for a few years now, and was thinking about upgrading to the pro version, for various reasons.
Has anyone made this upgrade, and what do you think of it??
Also if I do upgrade will I have to de-install the free version first or will it overwrite this and transfer all my settings?
The version I have at the moment is 5.1.0 from Firetrust.

VoG II 09:29 04 Nov 06

I have Mailwasher Pro 5.3 and I simply installed it over my previous free version.

Miros 09:41 04 Nov 06

VoG™ Is right. I have it but stopped using it in favour of click here which is small, simple, easy to use, does all Mailwasher did without the bells and whistles.

g0slp 10:10 04 Nov 06

I concur with VoG™ about installation.

Personally, I'm glad I made the change. However, if more cash is eventually required, I'll probably go down the route that Miros has taken.

For now, having parted with some herd-earned, I'm going to get my money's worth!

jimmer409® 10:56 04 Nov 06

been using pro for 3+years, never a problem, and very very little junk mail, and if you do receive pro will learn to remove.

Miros 11:05 04 Nov 06

I understand what your saying. If I had known about eprompter I would never have paid for Mailwasher, even so no point in having both running and taking up space, I chose the little one which as I say basically does the same thing at the end of the day.
I got Pro Mailwasher some years ago because I had a mail address that was troubled with spam, things didn't get better if anything they got worse!!! Even today, though I never respond to any spam in that address and haven't done so for several years I can still receive on average 35 spam mails a day. This was the address I first used to register, none of my other address got plagued like this.

Miros 11:07 04 Nov 06

I'm a better judge of spam and junk than Mailwasher and don't need teaching :-)

rawprawn 11:27 04 Nov 06

Miros told me about E Prompter and I have to say I prefer it to Mailwasher. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I am impressed.

golfpro 13:19 04 Nov 06

Thank you all for the replies. It wasn't just the spam I was concerned about as I can control that along with my email provider Yahoo. But thanks anyway, I think I will go for it, Mailwasher has provided good service for me now for a number of years so why should I change?

Miros 13:33 04 Nov 06

Then why pay for pro version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac