Mailwasher pro or free which is best ?

kingussie 13:29 23 May 07

Any ideas anyone

Allyginger 13:40 23 May 07

Well i use the free one and it is alright with me. I've had no trouble with it.When my mail notifier informs me of mail on the server i go straight on to Mailwasher and check. Any dodgy looking mail and i delete that off while keeping the normal mail to look at on Thunderbird.

kingussie 13:48 23 May 07

Does mailwasher 'learn' dodgy email addresses as there are so many variants and variable addresses they use. I keep getting these matrix type spams with multicolour background. 221 after 5 days away and I use Norton Antispam as well !

colberly 15:47 23 May 07

I use the pro version, yes mailwasher does learn and flags them as blacklisted or spam so that when you click process mail they disappear and only those flagged as friends are downloaded.

dth 15:51 23 May 07

I think the free version is limited to one email address - so if you have a few then you would need to buy the pro version.

jack 16:03 23 May 07

Mail washer is fine for single address use.
How ever there is a better way
Even with mail washer the program has to learn what is unwanted as far as you are concerned and may just 'wash' something you would have liked.
This is what I do
Turn off the E-mail Client [Start/right click the e-mail program and click remove from list.
Restart the computer.
When you go on line go to your web mail account and preview all your mail there.
Anything you don't like the look of send to the black list folder . and delete it from the in box.
Then come back to the computer, start the E-mail prog,and only the E-mail You have sanctioned will come in.
Now exit the program so no new stuff comes in with out it being previewed on the webmail server.
Long Winded ?
Yup it is- but you will have a clean sweet running bug free machine- that you can bet on.

kingussie 16:48 23 May 07

Thks Jack but whew !......

p;3 17:06 23 May 07

my version of mailwasher is free and is multiple and works beautifully; please do NOT bounce mails though; kinguisse...are you still undecided?

kingussie 23:12 23 May 07

p;3 which is your ersion...you dont say

p;3 13:48 24 May 07

click here go to number 30b (link courtesy of vog from a thread on another forum) this one gives ME multiple abilities and is free::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now