Mailwasher Pro 2010

heidelberg 11:38 05 Dec 10

I have been using Mailwasher Pro for many years and found that it does exactly what I want. I have also had malwarebytes installed - just in case! I have needed it a few times recently.

Yesterday I upgraded to Malwarebytes PRO fom the free version. Since the upgrade I have been unable to use MailWasher Pro 2010 from Firetrust. When I log on to Mailwasher The window opens but is empty. When I click on again the title at the top of the window changes immediately to "MailWasherPro (Not Responding). I am wondering if there is a clash between Malwarebytes PRO and MailWasher Pro 2010? (the previous version of Mailwasher Pro works fine)

I have used malwarebytes, superantispyware, Spybot S&D and Spyware blaster, and they have cleared out anything suspicious.

This morning the Dell support centre began to not work - in the same way as Mailwasher Pro.

I'm not sure if the problem is with MailWasher Pro or Malwarebytes PRO or perhaps something else

Any suggestions as to possible causes of the problem?

Dave

GaT7 18:00 05 Dec 10

Did you uninstall MWFree before you upgraded to the Pro version(s)?

If not, uninstall all versions of MW from your PC & reinstall only ONE version of MW.

Also, there's a difference between MWPro & MWPro 2010 - see click here, so may be the reason why you cannot have both versions installed simultaneously. G

heidelberg 18:40 05 Dec 10

The previous version of MW that I was using was the Pro version (6.51)and I must admit I didn't delete it when I moved to MWPro 2010 recently. They both seemed quite happy to exist side by side, and I even used both, until yesterday! Now there is the similar issue with the Dell Support Centre software.

Dave

GaT7 19:14 05 Dec 10

As suggested before, uninstall all MW versions & reinstall the one you will be using the most.

Regarding the Dell SC software, is it similar to click here? If no, or that solution doesn't help, I'd suggest posting your problem in their forum in this relevant subforum click here after registering via click here - latter not required if you already have a 'Dell My Account'. G

GaT7 19:40 05 Dec 10

Sorry, if the last link no longer works try click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac