Mailwasher hanging problem

golfpro 08:47 28 Jun 04

OS XP home, Mailwasher free version 1.33.
Over the last couple of weeks when I downloaded the mail in M/W, I checked the delete boxes for the spam and unchecked the bounce boxes as normal, after this M/W has been hanging after deleting two or three mails, and a message pops up (can't remember exactly what it says) but to retry by downloading mail again. The problem is when I cancel M/W it goes straight to my email client O/E and downloads all the mail. This is only intermittent (just maybe 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks), Could it be one specific mail affecting this, or something else. I have checked my settings and everything is OK.

golfpro 07:04 29 Jun 04

I am having real trouble now with M/W, last night again it would not delete all the checked mail and I got this message "Information stored about the current state of the mail account (eg. which messages it has), is out of date. Try again once the mail is reloaded." when I shut down M/W it went to my mail account but did not include the mail I wanted to read. This morning it would not download all the messages and just timed out.
I hope someone has an answer to this, or can direct me to a site which can.

€dstowe 08:34 29 Jun 04

I had loads of problems using Mailwasher. I gave up with it and now use Eprompter click here

Works differently to MW but I've come to like it.

€d

€dstowe 08:40 29 Jun 04

Should add that I also use the BT spamtrap (SpamGuard).

€d

Diodorus Siculus 08:47 29 Jun 04

Try a newer version of mailwasher.

click here for the last free release of version 2 which allows more than one account as well as hotmail accounts.

golfpro 08:57 29 Jun 04

Thanks DS but your link does not work for some reason. I did have a look at the new M/W some time ago but then it would not allow more than one email address (I have two), that is why I went back to version 1.33. I did a check with Ad-aware this morning and it found 14 susspect files/reg. keys, etc. I have deleted these and hope that this was the fault.

Diodorus Siculus 09:19 29 Jun 04

the link has stopped working as you say... I have the file so if you want it, mail me and I will send it to you.

All the best, Dio.

Diodorus Siculus 10:43 29 Jun 04

Just mailed it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…