Mailwasher ditched - ePrompter in.....

Jester2K 11:14 26 Feb 04

Well after a few weeks of frustration with Mailwasher (admittedly the free Beta version) i've now canned it.

Its replacement - ePrompter click here. Same functionality (except the unnecessary Bounce option) and has a built in Mini-Client too...

Plus it supports Hotmail (Quote "ePrompter automatically and simultaneously checks and retrieves your email messages from up to sixteen password protected email accounts such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, Earthlink, Email.com, iName, Juno, Lycos, Mail.com, Mindspring, MSN, Netscape, POP3, OneBox, Rediffmail, SBC Yahoo, Switchboard, USA.net and hundreds of other email domains")

Oh and its free....

Lionheart ? 12:01 26 Feb 04

Nice one, I was getting a bit frustrated with Mailwasher.

Like the look of ePrompter and being able to see each account separately.

Jester2K 12:22 26 Feb 04

I started using ePrompter some time ago when it was on version SR-21 and it had a bug which caused me to switch to Mailwasher.

Sadly the version of MW i used also had a bug and would throw a message something like "Cryptic Message 231 - A problem has occurred. Don't worry you did nothing wrong!" over and over again until i forced MW to terminate.

eP is now on SR-32 and seems to be stable again....

Lionheart ? 12:39 26 Feb 04

Should also have said and being able to password protect each account :)

Thanks again for the link.

Lionheart ? 17:24 28 Feb 04

Just a quick post, been using ePrompter the last couple of days very impressed with it.

Jester2K 17:26 28 Feb 04

Much better that MW now its stable.

Still what could i expect from a Beta product?

The mini client is handy...

Lionheart ? 17:28 28 Feb 04

Agree with you about the mini client, very handy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…