Mailwasher ...connection intentionally closed

jakag 17:59 26 Apr 04

I have been using mailwasher for some months now and the last four days I get the message 'connection intentionally closed buy the server before session was complete'
I can delete ones that were already on mailwasher but cannot get any new emails.
I use win2000 emails are with freeola.net, broardband with NTL, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but everything is not deleted (remembers settings),
I have no problems downloading the emails to the email programme.

Jak

woodchip 18:06 26 Apr 04

I am 98se but just tried it and found no probs

GaT7 18:45 26 Apr 04

You are not alone - click here - there are 6 pages to trawl through. Try out the things advised there even if they didn't help the original poster (of the thread) - it might work for you! You can also start a new thread at the MailWasher forum - click here You'll need to register first - click here.

Also, this may sound very simplistic but, have you tried rebooting your PC to see if this problem recurs? Also try uninstalling, deleting ALL remnants, including in the Registry, & reinstall.

jakag 19:20 26 Apr 04

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have rebooted several times, I did see somewhere about removing everything but got lost checking out the instructions but may try again if all else fails, I did run Norton One Button Checkup and it removed several things but I am not sure that any of it was from mailwasher.
I will look at the sites you suggested crossbow7

jak

GaT7 23:19 26 Apr 04

As a temporary solution, download & install one of these free programs: POP Peeper - click here or ePrompter click here. Both have unlimited e-mail accounts, but don't have the 'bounce' facility which is not required anyway. If you like MailWasher you'll probably like POP Peeper better, though ePrompter is well-recommended on this Forum (probably as it's better known).

jakag 21:15 27 Apr 04

I have downloaded both eprompter and poppeeper and have used them today, I like mailwasher is useful in the fact that it remembers those for black listing.
Thanks crossbow
jak
ps just tried mailwasher now and its working again!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…