mailwasher and AVG updates? interlinked?

p;3 17:58 09 Jun 06

Win 98 se
having tried without success for the past hour to get my mailwasher to check one of my servers and having rebooted on at least three occasions, and now having taken on board the latest AVG update; now discovered that the mailwasher will now connect to the miscreant server; is this a feature of mailwasher ( of which I was unaware)that it is tied in with AVG and its updating and that if AVG is not up to date then mailwasher may have problems accessing the servers; has anyone else experienced this phenomenon>? or is it "one to take note of "?

VoG II 18:29 09 Jun 06

I think it is pure coincidence.

p;3 09:43 10 Jun 06

maybe a "one to take note of" ; program is doing what it should do now so....getting the tick

SURVEY 11:03 06 Nov 06

p;3. I am getting exactly the same problem having just switched to AVG. It takes a lot of rebooting and/or reclicking on 'Check Mail' in MW to get MW to connect and download emails. I ahve checked the AVG site where such problems have obviously been reported and adjusted the MW settings as suggested by AVG. Has anyone any idea how to solve this. My existing Norton Internet Security (temporarily disabled so as not to have a conflict with AVG)does not cause this problem.

SURVEY 11:31 06 Nov 06

The more I look at this I reckon that it is not AVG causing the problem but Zonealarm. I note that I have downloaded version 6 that from other forum queries seems to be a problem. Should I try and obtain version 5?

p;3 20:19 06 Nov 06

I think you may need to start your own thread on this if you have problems; I did not have a mail notification of the reply on my thread as I had ticked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…