Mailwasher?

DIYgirl 11:16 10 Mar 06

A couple of years ago I used to use a program which was called Mailwasher, I think, to try to filter out some of the spam emails I get.

Is this program still around? Is it still any good? Or is there a better alternative?

bloo meeny 11:20 10 Mar 06

Yep, still around :o) Free version works well for me.

click here

Audeal 11:42 10 Mar 06

Remember, never bounce any mail as this will tell the sender that your address is active and will spam you even more, just delete any unwanted mail.

dagwoood 12:38 10 Mar 06

The version linked to by bloo meeny will only allow you to set up one account. The version here of Mailwasher(item 30b in the list) click here will allow you to check multiple accounts.

HTH, dagwoood.

P.S. The above link comes courtesy of VoG™.

baldtaco 12:46 10 Mar 06

I’ve been running the old single account one happily for ages, but I’ll give this a spin later.

Thanks dagwood [and with credits too – respek]

fullyfitted 16:29 10 Mar 06

Very interested in the link provided by dagwoood, is it preferable to remove the old version of Mailwasher or will the multi account version install over it?

Hope I haven't hijacked the thread

Many thanks

FF

Taff™ 16:35 10 Mar 06

Remove first and then install the multi-version.

fullyfitted 16:53 10 Mar 06

Taff™,
Many thanks

FF

rawprawn 17:08 10 Mar 06

Remember, never bounce any mail as this will tell the sender that your address is active and will spam you even more, just delete any unwanted mail.

Not true any more, if you bounce mail using Mailwasher all that goes back is a generated reply that there is a permanent error and it is undeliverable. You can test it yourself.

bluto1 19:13 10 Mar 06

Thanks for your input to DIYgirl`s post. I`ve been bouncing up to now, and have just installed dagwood`s suggestion so it`s "Carry on Bouncing"

Audeal 19:21 10 Mar 06

Well this is news to me. Is it worth Bouncing though, I think I will stay as I am untill this is confirmed as the best thing to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…