Mailwasher

Acornone 00:22 10 Jan 04

My virgin email address has been swamped with spam. As recomended by Virgin I set up Mailwasher I found that this was useful at first but the spam was increasing and I stopped using the virgin address for mail. However I still wanted to monitor the address until I was sure that all my genuine contacts new my new address. I found that I had 2500 mails. When I tried to delete or bounce select mails the process would often only action about 10 then stops and lock up. I have finaly got rid of the mails in stages. I still want to monitor the address.
I am unable to see a help contact to Mailwasher can anybody come up with a solution

johnnyrocker 00:27 10 Jan 04

if you were using outlook express it will time out with such a load click here and you can edit the mailbox from there providing it is a pop 3 type account just enter e mail address and password.

johnny.

hugh-265156 00:33 10 Jan 04

i have been using mailwasher for about a week or so with ntl bb and xp,so far have no problems with it.

feedbackatmailwasher.net

hugh-265156 00:34 10 Jan 04
  Valvegrid 07:19 10 Jan 04

Don't bounce emails back, the spammers are aware of these pragrams like MailWasher and can take that into account to verify the email account is active when you bounce and you end up with even more spam.

Just use MailWasher to look at the headers of the email on the server, this saves time downloading the whole email onto your computer, then delete them and don't bounce.

It is a good program, give it a chance, good luck.

Paul.

hoverman 07:40 10 Jan 04

I agree with Valvegrid - do not bounce emails back, just delete them.

tes 08:08 10 Jan 04

Have been using Mailwasher for about a year but all of a sudden I started getting the message "authentication failed" & now I can't use it. Any one know why?

Valvegrid 08:12 10 Jan 04

It might be worth starting another thread on that one, I'm going shopping now, so I'll have a think during that mind numbing exercise and reply to you on your own posting when I get back.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…