mailto link

waydekirrane 17:15 08 Jun 04

in a mailto link can you make it so the main part of the email appears as well as the subject. i know you can have the mail address appear and the subject, but i was just wondering if you could have part of the main message in there as well?

Taran 17:23 08 Jun 04
  Taran 17:28 08 Jun 04

directly after your email address to fill the subject line you probably already know to use a question mark, followed by Subject= then your subject text, like this:

?Subject=Website feedback

To add body content into the mix, directly after your Subject instruction use the ampersand caharacter followed by the word Body then your body text. Noyte that the body text words should be separated by %20

No spaces are allowed, like this:

Gaz 25 18:59 08 Jun 04

Umm, taran - thats what I posted a few days a go. lol

Taran 19:20 08 Jun 04

And as I said back then:

"It's a technique that's been in use for some years now, but not too many people use it..."

The self-same topic has been discussed many times from the Helproom through to the Webdesign forum.

For those not familiar with the possible variables in a mailto: link try this site which manages to explain it all in easy chunks: click here

I still prefer forms and form handlers for almost all web based contact, although I appreciate that some people just don't like filling in forms and prefer a mailto: link.

Don't forget to obfuscate the link though, to prevent the email address from being targetted by spammers: click here

waydekirrane 09:25 09 Jun 04

some superb stuff
cheers chaps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…