Mailmerging on Outlook sub-folders

Adelphos 22:53 02 Oct 05

Can anyone please explain why I can't make the Word mailmerge wizard connect onto sub-folders in my Outlook Contacts?

MAJ 23:00 02 Oct 05

If you're using Outlook 2000 or newer you can mailmerge from within Outlook rather than from within Word, Adelphos, see if that helps any. In Outlook, click on the Contacts folder and go to Tools > Mailmerge.

Adelphos 09:33 03 Oct 05

The Outlook Mailmerge simply throws me back into Word and I can't get the list of contacts in the folder I want to use to come up within the Word mailmerge document

Adelphos 17:36 03 Oct 05

I found if I copied all the contacts in a sub-foler into the main Contacts folder and then used the filter to pick up the ones I wanted, the mailmerge worked.

But what I'd like to know is why won't the mailmerge pick up a Contacts sub-folder for mailmerging. It's a pain to have hundreds of contacts all in the one main Contacts folder.

Anybody any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…