Mailmerge and formatting of numbers

Neil-321636 15:12 23 Nov 04

I have set up an excel spreadsheet to list invoice nos, dates, amounts etc with the column containing the amount formatted as currency. I then use word to mailmerge this list to give me a serparate document for each invoice. Word displays the amount incorrectly however if the amount is say £10.00. It will merge as 10

I have got around this as formatting the cells in Excel as text and actually inputting the .00. The problem with this is when I come to work with the figures in the original Excel sheet I can't as they are treated as text! I know I can convert them to numbers by multiplying them by a formatted cell of £1 but its a bit long winded. Any ideas please??

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:58 23 Nov 04

When you edit the work document, are you selecting Insert Word Field to link to your data in Excel, as think you should use Insert Merge Field, this then appears to give the currency format you need.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:04 23 Nov 04

Also, check in Excel, go to > Format Cells, choose Currency from left, and then check that the format options on the right are set to two decimal places and with a leading £ sign.

Neil-321636 17:12 23 Nov 04

Thanks for the reply JaßîsFaß ˜, however I am using Insert Merge Field and I have checked the decimal places. I am using Office 2003 by the way in case this is different to Office 2000 as I know the mailmerge routine is different.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:58 09 Dec 04
  Neil-321636 13:10 09 Dec 04

Cheers for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…