Mailing list wont send to hotmail

Marky_Bhoy 19:52 23 Apr 04

I am attempting to create and send a mailing list (only 5 people at the moment) using MS Outlook 2003.

My ISP is blueyonder. I have two email accounts set up to use with Outlook. The email that I bought from Easily click here is set as the default.

When I send an email to the mailing list from my blueyonder address everything worked OK. However when I try sending the same email to the mailing list with my email account from Easily some people receive the email but those who have a hotmail account do no receive the email.

Could you explain to me way this is happening?
I need the email account bought from Easily to send the mailing list as this will be the same as the domain name of the site)

thanks

GaT7 14:25 26 Apr 04

[Marky_Bhoy - I just 'bumped' you up as you were close to slipping off the end of the visible list! Good luck, G]

moore_mat 14:31 26 Apr 04

Marky_Bhoy

It's unlikely to be an e-mail set up problem if other people ARE receiving the e-mail from the same account. As it seems that as Hotmail users are selectively being missed out, you might want to have a word with Easily tech support. It sounds as though they might have a block on Hotmail addresses. They are entitled to block hosts they believe are inefficient, or that send out Spam, etc...

Do you receive any error messages when you send out from the Easily account, or to the users just complain they don't ever receive the mail?

Regards

M@

Marky_Bhoy 20:28 26 Apr 04

I did recieve a couple error messages (contain within an email) for two of the emails:

This is a warning message only.
Your message remains in the server queue,
the server will try to send it again.
You should not try to resend your message now.

As it happens, the emails did eventually get through. But they all arrived 24 hours late. I know that emails are not guaranteed to be instant but if I am sending out newsletters then if it arrives 24 hours after I send it then it will be too late!

I have contacted Easily on this matter but I am still waiting for a response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…