Mailing list software or websites

murgle 19:28 13 Sep 05

Hi,

I am currently working on my new vehicle sales website and would like my website visitors to join my mailing list which would be model specific.

I have had a mailing list for years but it has always been done manually using outlook.

Is there any software or a web service that allows my customers to join a mailing list and have an email sent each time I update a particular model.

Thanks for any help.

Taran 20:53 13 Sep 05

Who are you hosted with ?

Some web hosts include mailshot software as an installable program.

If your web host has cPanel for example, you may find PHPList in there which you can install to your web on a point and click basis.

If your host has nothing like this available but supports PHP, you could download and install PHPList yourself click here or click here

It takes a little setting up but once in place it works very well and can handle large volumes of mail directed though various filters. Basically, you can generate a message to all people subscribed to a Subaru list and send it to them and them alone. Land Rover, BMW and Honda enthusiasts would all get the message sent to their mailing group.

Your message should contain some common content as well as something group specific.

T

Taran 20:54 13 Sep 05

I relaise you said model specific but I used manufacturers for the sake of example.

Sorry if this seemed inappropriate.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…