'[email protected]'

Kingfisher 22:10 PM 19 Jan 12

Good evening,Apolgies for shouting in the title, it was a copy and paste. Can anyone advise me I am getting dozens of above message send failures from recepients that I have neither heard of or no anything about. They are being returned from my bt yahoo email account. All ther emails that I send to known recepients all deliver ok, it sems that my email address has somehow been hacked. I can keep deleting them and tonight have added all [email protected] to blocked senders list to see if this works.Any advise would be appreciated. Os windows Vista fully updated

Woolwell 22:32 PM 19 Jan 12

A spammer is probably spoofing your e-mail address (it looks as if it from you but isn't) and sending spam to random e-mail addresses. Many of these do not exist and are bouncing back to you (mailer-daemon). This should die down in due course. Precautions to take are a full virus and malware check to make sure that your system is clean, and change your e-mail password. If it persists for some time then you may have to change your e-mail address.

Kingfisher 20:31 PM 20 Jan 12

hi woolwell sorry for late reply.just to say thanks for you response will do as you suggested

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…