[email protected] email message

Pedlow 14:55 15 Sep 05

p>

I have just received the following email:

p>

This is the Postfix program at host lmfilto02.st1.spray.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster>

p>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

[email protected]>: host mail.nolcom.com[152.114.65.55] said: 554
5.7.1 Rejected 212.78.202.66 The mail server that your ISP uses has been
identified in the sorbs blacklist and has therefore been rejected. Please
visit dnsbl.sorbs.net for further info. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

p>

Is this spam or has the email I sent not been delivered?

Thanks.

Yoda Knight 15:02 15 Sep 05

it has not been delivered. the server at the recieving end does not like your email address (or the part after the "@" sign anyway) and has stopped the message

"The mail server that your ISP uses has been identified in the sorbs blacklist and has therefore been rejected"

low flyer 13:34 08 Jan 06

OK. So what is the answer to SORBS blocking emails? Is that it? Does that mean that the email function on my computer is now completely useless and I have to revert to reliable systems, such as telephone and Royal Mail?

jack 14:04 08 Jan 06

Assuming the returned item is something you did send,
it usually means that you have mis copied/typed the address.
Now some E-mail address books [including the one I use - Thunderbird] have a habit of adding prefixes and enders to an address
It may be a << or a ; something easily missed.
So resurrect the item from your sent folder and carefully check the address is absolutely as it should be.
Of course if you did not send it - dump it unopened PDQ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…