Mailer-Daemon

wetterfugal © 12:06 11 Feb 04

I am getting quit a few returned email lately which I did not send to addresses I did not know. I am with AOL and eSafe had removed what it called a 'hostile' attachment in zip form. The subject line was "Hi Spam". The returned email has a lot of recipient addresses listed and shows the originator as my address. Has any one experienced this?

Jester2K 12:08 11 Feb 04

Yes.

Someone has sent out spam using your e-mail address as the return address, hence you get all the reurned mail.

Delete and move on.

wetterfugal © 12:22 11 Feb 04

Sounds like I am stuck with it. You don't think that it may be a bug resident in my sytem or that it is bing sent out via my computer?

AndyJ 12:29 11 Feb 04

Jester2K's quite correct, it isn't you. I get them all the time..in fact I had one from Tower Records yesterday. Not only have I never shopped online with them, I've never set foot in one of their analogue shops ! It got the usual treatment....delete....forget.

Diodorus Siculus 12:30 11 Feb 04

Unlikely to be your fault; do a virus scan and a spyware scan to reassure yourself. It's the nature of email - a "from" address can be forged by anyone...

wetterfugal © 12:40 11 Feb 04

I have scanned with Norton and ran both AdAware and SpyBot (I find that there is always something that one misses}

Regards, VA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos