Mailbox Server Errors

Geord 10:54 23 Feb 03

Whenever I first start up the computer (Windows Me)and log onto Outlook Express the whole system freezes when dialing into OE. I then have to restart and go through the Scandisk procedure. When it has restarted and I log back into OE and dial in again I receive the following error message:

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk (1)', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] mailbox locked by other server', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Needless to say this prevents me from logging into my mailbox. Even putting in the password etc doesn't help until a certain time elapses (this can vary from seconds to up to an hour.

Does anyone know what the "other server" is that seems to be locking me out, and how I can resolve the problem?

Any assistance gratefully received.

AndyJ 12:31 23 Feb 03

The error codes you supply require that you check that your POP3 and SMTP (common prob here is to put STMP) are spelt correctly, and make sure your username and password are being put in correctly and with the same capitalization as the original i.e. if you password was in lower case, then type it in lowercase not uppercase.

If this fails then test your connection by following this procedure (note: omit any quote "" marks)
Click the "Start" button then "RUN" type "Command" This opens the command window, with white text on a black screen.
Type in the following exactly as it appears. You will not see what you are entering so take it slowly, and if you make a mistake, start again.
"telnet pop.tiscali.co.uk 110"
and hit the enter key you will then be connected to the email server. Type in
"USER [email protected]"
and hit the enter key You will then get a message "+OK Please enter your pass", with the PASS command type in "PASS yourpassword" and the Enter key If it is correct, you will get an "OK Well done message". If you can do this, you have connected to the Tiscali server and so the problem lies somewhere with Outlook Express.
If you can't get in this way either, it could be that your password has somehow become corrupted. Try changing it in My Account on the Tiscali site. Try again.
If this doesn't work, it may be that TCP/IP has somehow become corrupted within Windows. So try reinstalling TCP/IP. To do this
Click Start
Settings
Control Panel
Network connections
Right click your connection and click Properties
Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click Uninstall
Then close down your PC and open it up again.
Follow the same steps as above, but instead of clicking Uninstall click Install.
On the screen which appears, click Protocol and then Add
Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then OK (You may be prompted for your Windows installation disk at this point.

Phew....hope it helpds

AndyJ 12:34 23 Feb 03

Should make clear, just in case.
For "yourname" type in the name of your account not the word "yourname", and for "yourpassword" put in your actual password

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…