Mailbox has exceeded size-How Possible?

Kooji 12:42 10 Nov 10

Hi All can anyone advise me, I keep getting this warning "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 57583 KB.
Mailbox size limits:
You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 40000 KB."
I have already deleted all of the files within my mailbox the first time I received this message and I only have a total of around 230 items within all of the different folders. I am running Windows Microsoft Outlook Express. All advice gratefully received.

Cheers all.
Kooji.

wee eddie 14:02 10 Nov 10

If you have not cleared the Deleted Mails, that is quite possible.

Kooji 17:03 10 Nov 10

Thanks for such a quick response wee eddie. Can you advise how I go about deleting stuff from the server as this is something I'm no familiar with?

Forum Editor 18:35 10 Nov 10

to 'Leave a copy of messages on the server'.

The default setting is usually to delete messages from the server, once they have been downloaded to your computer, but some people who work away from base like to check emails on a laptop, and know that they can still download them to their main working machine when they get home. The laptop leaves the messages on the server, and the main machine deletes them, once it too has downloaded them.

Check the settings on your software (Outlook, Windows mail, or whichever one you use) to make sure that the option to leave on the server is not enabled.

Kooji 19:25 10 Nov 10

Thanks Forum Editor
For that. I'll have to go into the account in more depth and find where that option is.

Cheers

Kooji.

lotvic 22:39 10 Nov 10

Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > Mail tab > highlight the account and then on right click on 'Properties' box
In popup window that opens, click on 'Advanced' tab and the 'Delivery' options are at the bottom.

Kevscar1 06:10 11 Nov 10

Your server may also be automatically blocking a lot of spam. SKY hold these for 30 days so you can check in case they are not. Last time i went to sky e-mail there ere a few thousad there. That might be part of your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant