mail wont send unless from oe directly

pinnicat 18:18 07 Feb 04

When i wish to send, for example a photo from my documents , ie ..right click ..send to..etc..the mail wont release until i open up outlook express and hit send / receive.
all i get is the dead minute..and then cannot find server etc...ok...so whats holding it up ....please
mik

hugh-265156 18:52 07 Feb 04

do you use dial up?

open internet explorer and click tools/internet options/connections and tick "always dial my default connection"

then open OE and click tools/accounts/"your mail account"/properties/connection and untick the box that says "always connect to this account using"

OE will now use internet explorer settings to connect.might help just guessing.

pinnicat 18:58 07 Feb 04

nah...am on broadband....if this makes a diff, please let me know.
cheers hugster.
mik

hugh-265156 23:17 07 Feb 04

you should be connected all the time then.

who is your isp and how are you connected up,ie/nic or usb etc?

check your pop and smtp settings and username/password are correct in tools/accounts/"you mail account/properties/servers.untick the "requires authentication"box if ticked.also click the advanced tab and set server timeouts to two mins and see if that helps any.

try also "tools/options/send" and tick "send messages immediately"apply and ok.

hugh-265156 23:19 07 Feb 04

ps.does mail without an attachment send ok?

pinnicat 23:33 07 Feb 04

outlook/ntl/usb
hugs...everthing in the application is fine...no connex problems at all..what is the problem is..sending attachments direct from file, as oppsed to attching a file to a mail. that is to say...my docs-right click-send to -mail recpt.send......
cannot find server.....
but if i then open oe it picks up and delivers straight away from the off.
to be honest mate...this aint the biggest problem ever..but this has worked b4 and should work now...
appreciating your interest and help in this...cheers..mik
i'll leave this post up whilst i play with a few settings as suggested...ttfn.

hugh-265156 23:45 07 Feb 04

with ntl myself but use nic.

pop = pop.ntlworld.com

smtp = smtp.ntlworld.com

see also click here

pinnicat 00:11 08 Feb 04

well...i dunno..every setting and connection requirement met.....still wont send from file...not to worry i'll plod through. it's not like i can't mail attachments at all and the rest of the app is fine..thanks for your help mate.
take care....mik

hugh-265156 00:49 08 Feb 04

ps.a lot of maintenance work has been carried out lately on the ntl mail servers so the problem may be at ntl`s end if its only happening lately.

server status seems ok though at the moment click here

if you know it used to work on a certain date try a system restore to that date.you can always reverse this if it doesnt work.

pinnicat 01:00 08 Feb 04

not sure mate, but i had probs with spoofing and thought the best immediate remedy was to re-address my email...that may well have set to default..i know i had to reconfigure on security issues.so...
i'm gonna take my eye off the ball for a day or so and re-assess the situation later....i got access to all your postings so..thanks for the help, we'll sort it before much longer...cheers huggy....
mik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…