Mail stuck in Outlook Outbox

San Alwigi 00:01 09 Nov 04

This seems to be why my Outlook keeps crashing with a "messaging subsystem spooler" error message. When I try to delete this errant mail (I assume it is corrupted somehow) it won't disappear or I get a message saying "The MAPI spooler has already started transmitting this message".

Any ideas how to get rid of this from my Outbox?
Using Outlook 97 with Windows XP btw...

Thanks

terryr48 00:15 09 Nov 04

I don't know if outlook 97has a detect & repair option under the help section if it has you could try running it to see if it will fix the problem

rawprawn 08:23 09 Nov 04

I don't know much about Outlook 97, doe's it have "Detect and Repair" under Help, if not can you reinstall/repair from the disc?

rawprawn 08:26 09 Nov 04

click here Have a look here

San Alwigi 08:56 09 Nov 04

No detect and repair with Outlook 97 and the mapi32.dll advice also failed to rectify the problem.

So I'm going to upgrade to Office 2003 and bring everything up to date and take advantage of MS support too...I guess it's about time! click here here I come....

Catastrophe 09:10 09 Nov 04

I don't know whether this will work but you can access your mail via mail2web.com

Just enter address and password as usual.

San Alwigi 12:12 09 Nov 04

I am doing exactly that (well, with the Blueyonder equivalent) at the moment but it's only suitable for a temporary measure...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac