Mail stuck in Outlook Outbox

Nickoftime 22:50 09 Sep 03

I tried to e-mail from a website (Wiltshire County Council's) by clicking on the indicated link. The message I thus created has sat in my Outbox for 7hrs & every time I try to delete it I get an error message saying 'The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message'. Other times (e.g. when re-opening Outlook) I get an error message relating to Mspisp32 (or something like that) saying that Outlook will have to close (but it doesn't. Basically Outlook will not now work at all as far as sending/retrieving mail is concerned - can anyone advise how I can clean this mess up ?

VoG II 22:55 09 Sep 03

Reboot in Safe Mode. To do this restart and keep pressing the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads. You should then be able to delete it.

Nickoftime 23:38 09 Sep 03

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it but it didn't work.

powerless 23:41 09 Sep 03

Does this apply to you? click here

Nickoftime 07:01 10 Sep 03

Thanks for this - although I only have Outlook 97 the procedures described might well work so I will try them. I had thought about installing a new copy of mspisp32.exe (referenced in the error messages I get)from my original Office CD as I was thinking this might be corrupted - it won't/doesn't appear to execute when I double click its icon, anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…