mail rejection problem

yaesu 20:02 09 Feb 04

Hi folks'
a freeserve address I've been using for ages has started bouncing my mails with the message

SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host []: 550 Error:
Message content rejected

The same message is ok to self and others and the person concerned recieves mail from other sources.
The mail contains no attachments and is small in size.
Any ideas please?

AndyJ 20:15 09 Feb 04

Is it just this one message...or all messages from you to this address being bounced?

yaesu 20:25 09 Feb 04

Hi Andy
everything I,ve tried except a message with no content, just a header.

AndyJ 20:37 09 Feb 04

Sounds like the problems at the recipient's end and they have some form of content block, or have inadvertantly blocked your email address. They need to check the settings their end.

I almost did it accidentaly myself once, using Mailwasher (wasn't paying attention to what I was doing)

bruno 20:39 09 Feb 04

Is the address an AOL on,as I have had this problem with two AOL addresses.

yaesu 18:41 10 Feb 04

Hi Andy, sorry for delay in reply, I still have to work for a living! I'll check with him as he still ecieves mail from athers do you may be right. Thanks.
Hi bruno, thanks but no it's a freeserve address.

yaesu 20:28 10 Feb 04

Hi all, If anyones still interested it'll accept text only mail (i.e HTML turned off)don't know why I didn't think of this before, no doubt the reciepent and myself will get it sorted eventually!
Tnx for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…