Mail from outlook taking 6 hours to arrive

jambolino 10:24 05 Dec 04

If I send a friend of mine an e-mail at work from my machine at home it takes approx 6 hours for her to receive the e-mail although geographically she only works 18 miles away.

I am running Outlook 2002, the message leaves my machine without problems and is not returned back in any form, so I know the problem is probably not at my end. I also tried sending her a mail from my machine at work and she did not receive that until after 4 hours

My friend works in a large office, looks like her company runs Windows 2000, running Microsoft Exchange.

She has got her IT department to check this problem out and they can find no fault at their end.

This only seems to be happening to e-mail being sent to my friend at work, all other e-mail sent by me is being received almost straight away, likewise my friend has no problems with e-mail from other people being received by her at work.

Does anyone know why it takes so long for my friend to receive mail from me, is there anything I can try to find out where exactly the delay is?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:49 05 Dec 04

Usually server delay....I can remember when mail used to take at least 24hours to arrive.

jambolino 12:04 05 Dec 04

Is there an easy way to prove exactly where this is happening?

wee eddie 19:29 05 Dec 04

Once upon a time e-mail was (more or less) instant.

How long for different levels of service are on offer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…