mail from outlook

steve263000 14:32 17 Jan 05

I am using outlook as my default mail editor. The old "express" used to download mail as soon as I opened it. However outlook waits until requested. Does anyone know of a shortcut to get outlook to download mail as default when opened?

PA28 15:16 17 Jan 05

Tools>options>mail delivery lets you choose the time until Outlook checks for mail without you hitting the send/receive key. I don't know if there's a way of amending the initial check as I have this set at every 10 minutes, but if I open my inbox and do nothing, it will invariably check for mail by itself within the first minute.

GBL 15:23 17 Jan 05

As the last response plus also in the options there is a box to tick for "check for mail on opening" or similar words. Check that then as soon as Outlook Express opens it will check for and send and recieved mail.

steve263000 13:29 02 May 05

One more post to close off. I am getting embarrassed by the amount that I have not closed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…