Mail order - the secret of success

kinger 21:35 08 Oct 03

I run a part time business dealing with sending out mail shots to customers who reply to advertisements offering information packs.

I am looking for a reliable piece of software that can track customers who ask for information, buy products, want to subscribe to a newsletter etc.. I currently do this manually using file cards with only their names and addresses filed on the PC.

It would be handy if I could select a customer and see on screen exactly what they've requested in the past or purchased from me.

I don't want to pay the earth for this as I know some speciallist software costs 100's of pounds and I wouldn't need all the bells and whistles.

Can anyone recommend an easy to use package that can deal with such criteria?

kinger 22:22 08 Oct 03

This is what you get when your header sounds like replies (smile)

I'll have to try harder :-{

Belatucadrus 22:34 08 Oct 03

click here info Angel is free and may do the job, no harm in looking anyway.

woodchip 22:37 08 Oct 03

Database is the word

woodchip 22:39 08 Oct 03

PS the work comes in maintaining it. i.e Keeping it up to date

spuds 22:48 08 Oct 03

When you start using data storage,make sure that you are aware of the Data Protection Act.

Information Commissioner's Office,Wycliffe House,Wilmslow,Cheshire,SK9 5AF.

Information Line: 01625 545745. Fax: 01625 524510.

kinger 22:24 09 Oct 03

Thanks but yes, I already have a Data Protection Regd number. Well spotted anyway

Forum Editor 00:52 10 Oct 03

Microsoft Office?

I have in the past set up the same thing for small businesses using Microsoft Outlook. Its contact management facility is superb, and has precisely the features you need.

kinger 22:20 10 Oct 03

Will have a try at these

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…