'mail not sent' messgae

hi, just been reading another thread and i get a couple of 'mail not sent' or mail daemon requires auth messages each month. i never open spam emails. it just got me thinking, what are these messages? have i been zombied? i just use nod 32 and my harware firewall at the mo, but have done a full scan with the following because of my worries, all were clean
a squared, spybot s&d, kaspersky online scan and super anti spyware
as i said all found nothing, so caould anyone tell me what these messages mean please?
thanks adam

mrwoowoo 02:12 22 Dec 07

not sure if you mean this but daemon mail bounces your e-mails back to you if the address is not recognised.I.e if you put .com instead of .co or miss a letter out somewhere.

hello, thanks for the reply, what im worried about is this happens when i have not sent emails, so they are either some sort of spam or is my mailbox sending stuff im not aware of? i know my pc pretty well and im pretty sure it's clean, can someone work out my password and hijack my email account? that's what i am wondering?

johnnyrocker 09:41 22 Dec 07

it is likely that someone who has your e mail address in their address book and has become infected and mailing out as you, it will die off eventually.

johnny

blimey! ok, thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…