Mail not faster

Pammachio 15:53 04 Apr 09

Hallo,
since some weeks my Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 has become very slow visualizing some html mail (like paypal payment's one).

Before it wasn't so slow but now it takes even one minute when I select one of them but only the first time: if i select it again is much faster.
I think it is because it tries to show the remote images that are in the mail.

I have done some things, even if maybe are not useful: I have zipped the mail, emptied the incremental filter of the undesidered mail, reinstalled the program and disabled the antivirus; I have checked too that in configuration editor was flagged the mailnews message display disable remote image but nothing has changed.

Which can be the reason?

Thank you

interzone55 16:16 04 Apr 09

Can't comment on the email question, beyond the fact that it could be the mail server that's slow.

What I can comment on is that advertising in posts is seriously frowned upon in these forums - so I'd stongly suggest refraining from doing this in future.

Read the forum rules if in doubt
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…