mail merging pictures into word

kevsta 01:08 23 Dec 03

hi
does anyone know how to merge pictures into MS word? i've used access and a OLE field with a picture embedded but no picture shows when i merge the file into word....

any ideas mucho appreciated.

kevsta

Nosmas 14:03 23 Dec 03

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. If you are referring to MS Word Mail Merge, this is normally used to 'merge' variable data (e.g. names and addresses) from a SOURCE document into FIELDS contained in a MAIN document (that you have to create) that contains otherwise static text. I assume you don't want to merge a DIFFERENT picture into each of a number of documents being produced from the main document.

Assuming the same picture is wanted in the final documents, you can insert it in the main document by clicking on Insert > Picture > From file... and navigating to the folder containing the picture you want. The Mail Merge can then be used to insert variable data into the main document.

Hope I haven't mis-understood your problem and that the above may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…