Mail Merging - Merge to email

reddwarfcrew 11:17 04 Feb 06

Hi,

I have set up a mail merge document (in Word 2003).

When I run the 'merge to email' and choose the mail format as either attachment or plain text it works fine, but if I choose html nothing happens when I press 'OK'.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PaulB2005 11:27 04 Feb 06

Works here. It doesn't look like anything happened but i just e-mailed myself.

Try your own e-mail address as a test and then give it a minute. The check your mail.

PaulB2005 11:29 04 Feb 06

You may have to open your Default e-mail client to actually get the messages to send. Also i know that Sage won't e-mail reports if you only have Outlook Express, you need the full Outlook for it to work properly so if you don't have Outlook (or it's not set as your default e-mail client) then that might be it.

reddwarfcrew 11:30 04 Feb 06

Yeah, it is set with my own email address. I get the plain text version and html versions fine.

I must have done something wrong?

PaulB2005 11:32 04 Feb 06

"if I choose html nothing happens when I press 'OK'"

then

"I get the [...] html versions fine."

Can you clarify what's wrong?

reddwarfcrew 11:33 04 Feb 06

ment attachment version fine. d'oh.

PaulB2005 11:36 04 Feb 06

Can you clarify what's wrong?

reddwarfcrew 11:39 04 Feb 06

I press the merge to printer button and choose either plain text or attachment, press ok and I receive the mail in my mailbox (I have 2 test email address in the merge file).

However if i choose html as the format and press OK, the merge to printer dialog box closes and no mail arrives.

PaulB2005 16:02 04 Feb 06

HTML works here.

"I press the merge to printer button "

Do you mean "Merge to e-mail" or are you actually using the "Merge to printer" button?

reddwarfcrew 16:07 04 Feb 06

Yes I meant merge to e-mail.

PaulB2005 16:24 04 Feb 06

What e-mail client do you use?

On my PC it appears the messages are sent to the Outlook Outbox. Can you see any HTML messages in your Sent Items or the Outbox?

Also did you give the messages subjects? Are they being blocked by your ISP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…