Mail Merging Avery address labels

Elvenator 19:57 18 Apr 06

HI There,

I am trying to create a merged document in word for Avery sticky labels from my Outlook express address book, and I have tried all options using the Windows help menu, but I'm clearly doing something wrong. Please could you help me?? I probably have about 40 addresses to merge into a labels document, to print off for envelopes, and I don't want to have to re-type all the addresses out again!

I don't have Microsoft Excel just Works - Windows XP

Many thanks in advance

Lindsey

johnnyrocker 20:00 18 Apr 06

would you have facility to copy/paste? or file export?

johnny.

Elvenator 20:14 18 Apr 06

HI,
I have exported to a .CSV file but it's come out all over the place! Is there any way to get out of having to sort everything out manually?

Thanks

Lindsey

johnnyrocker 23:08 18 Apr 06

try click here tis an office freebie version 2 is compatible with windows office you could play around with that?

johnny.

Alan2 00:17 19 Apr 06

I assume you have MS Word. In which case try this.

Click [Tools]->[Letters and Mailings]->[Envelopes and Labels].

Here you will see a book icon click this to make your MS Outlook Contacts your Address book. I've just done this for envelopes but can't remember how I did it!

In the label options I suspect that the Avery ones are US rather than "the rest of the World" but there may be a way around it.

Elvenator 08:19 19 Apr 06

HI Alan2,

Just tried clicking on the little book icon and got this message - 'Logon failed. you must logon to Microsoft exchange to access your address book. Unspecified error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stuartli 11:16 19 Apr 06

These links may help:

click here

click here

click here

However it seems you can't use Outlook Express, only Outlook, with Mail Merge and Avery according to the first (MS) link...:-(

Stuartli 11:19 19 Apr 06

Have you tried the Avery wizard (it's included when you download the free Avery software from its website and there's a direct link from Word)? See:

click here

Bagsey 15:04 19 Apr 06

^

Alan2 20:53 19 Apr 06

Have a look at this click here

I think this is where I got my start.

Elvenator 21:27 20 Apr 06

HI Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help on this. Haven't had a chance to try any of you suggestions yet really but will try over the weekend if I have time.

Cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…