Mail merge labels - help!

kfq61 21:07 07 Dec 04

I'm trying to do my christmas labels on a mail merge in 'Word' using my adresses in excel.
Thought I'd managed it until I printed - the labels came out with regular repeats of names, as though they'd just moved a column?

Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

brambles 21:29 07 Dec 04

kfq61 I recommend first of all that you ensure the Excel database is constructed properly and that proper headings are in place.

Headings must be without spaces ie HomeAddress etc.

When you are happy select ALL in Excel Copy
open WORD and paste into it.

Save the WORD document as New Database or anything.

Again make sure the headings make sense and have no spaces.

With your new Database saved and still open
make sure you have the Database toolbar available.

If not right click on a grey part of plain toolbar and select it,

Now click on the little icon on the database toolbar that looks like a small pen.

Now review your database item by item to ensure it all makes sense. Now try the Mail Merge again.

Brambles

kfq61 23:07 07 Dec 04

Have had enough of labels, after 5 hours of trying!

Will go through it properly tomorrow though!

Thanks

VoG II 23:13 07 Dec 04
  1911 23:46 07 Dec 04

I print envelopes using Works. I could never get the labels to print properly. I have been doing it for years using Works4.which is simpler than the latest. Just print about six at a time saves jamming the printer.

starlet 09:20 08 Dec 04

I find it easy to make labels, i created a database in Access.
then open word, then tools, then mail-merge, click on create,then click on data source and find your database,set up your page of labels then finally click on merge the data and you should find you have a page full of names and addresses ready to print, If you need any more dtailed information on it let me know.

Regards Starlet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…