Mail Merge DDE error

Simon Fraser 18:09 20 Oct 04

I have been given an Excel database by a club membership secretary. She is trying to produce mailing labels in Word. When she does the merge she gets the error message "Word could not establish DDE connection to Excel to complete the current task." I have done a Google search which took me to the MS KB and other places. I have followed all the recommendations and it appears that the database file is damaged. Is there any way to repair the file or will I have to resurrect it from backup? It was produced by my contact on a Win XP Home/Office 2000 system and I have the same result on my own Win 2K/Office 2000 system.

Diodorus Siculus 19:09 20 Oct 04

Try the detect and repair option from Office2k?

Simon Fraser 18:31 21 Oct 04

Diodorus Siculus, TY for your response. As far as I can see the detect & repair command applies to the Office software, not the data file, so this won't help me, but thanks anyway. I guess it's time to dig out the backup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…