//some 3rd party need geo

Mail Delivery Failed

pj123 14:33 08 Jun 04

Seem to be getting lots of emails saying "Mail Delivery Failed" all have attachments. All have been picked up by AVG but when I try to delete them AVG offers to put them in the virus vault. Click OK and I get "Unable to transfer to the Virus Vault" however, they still appear to be deleted. Are they deleted or am I fooling myself?

Jackcoms 14:39 08 Jun 04

It would be wise to also delete the e-mails as well

anon1 15:09 08 Jun 04

Just to be on the safe side I would run another antivirus but usually these mails are either just a ploy to get you to open them or they are the result of someone spoofing your email address to send out these virus infections.

pj123 17:57 08 Jun 04

AVG detects them as the Netsky virus (with variations). I realise something is wrong because I haven't sent any emails for ages now. They do disappear from my Deleted emails box. But they do not appear in the Virus Vault, as AVG tells me "unable to put in the vault". So are they still lurking about somewhere? Running AVG manually comes up clean.

MartinT-B 19:47 08 Jun 04

click here for an online virus check from Symantec.

prima12 19:49 08 Jun 04

I've been having the same type of emails, I open my email with Mailwasher, and when I click to read the whole message, and then close it, to the subject line, it comes up as a virus, so I just get rid.

pj123 11:22 09 Jun 04

As someone else has now started another thread with the same title, I will tick this one. We all seem to know about it and, in my case, AVG always picks it up as a virus. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…