Magnetic Card Reader Problems

Perez 08:41 19 Jun 03

I've just bought a KDE KT-2200 (RS-232) Magnetic Card Reader. The manual says that I just plug it into my serial port and it should work straight away. This is not the case!

Does anyone know if I need drivers to work one of these things?

Lú-tzé 10:51 19 Jun 03

I think that you will need drivers for it - does the manufacturer have a website with drivers for you to download?

Have you tried anything else on the serial port? It may be that it has been disabled perhaps.

Perez 11:07 19 Jun 03

The manufacturer is EYSYCO, and are based in Switzerland. The website is in Swiss, I did manage to find the product, but no joy on finding any drivers for it.

The port is working fine. The main problem was getting the card reader to activate. I've got around this by installing a modem (pretend one)and asking windows to test the port through the modem settings. This then activates the card reader (it beeps) and responds when I swipe a card through (green led lights up).

Unfortunatley nothing appears on screen in any of my applications. I've set all the com settings to match the card reader and still nothing appears.

Jester2K II 11:11 19 Jun 03

Not sure what you want to do but a) yes you probably need drivers and b) you need some sort of application to read / write to / from cards.

What application are you trying to use??

Perez 11:24 19 Jun 03

I have a database in microsoft access which I use for club membership purposes. The idea was to use membership cards to help record attendance.

I looked around to see what readers were currently on the market and chose one with a rs-232 connection.

I now think I should have chose one with a keyboard wedge. I'm sure that would take the input straight away.

So I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I have emailed ESYSCO, just hope they speak english.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…