Magnet next to moniter

tree2 13:19 09 Apr 03

i put a magnet near my moniter from the speaker and the screen has gone multi-coloured help me i don't know how to get it back

€dstow 13:29 09 Apr 03

On the monitor itself there should be some button which allows you to access its controls - menu or something like that. Find the "degauss" function and operate that. It may not work the first time - or even subsequent times if its really distorted. Don't do it too much as it can wreck the monitor - but you may have done that already.

If it doesn't work it's hands deep in pocket time and remember to be more careful with your next one!

€d

graham 14:45 09 Apr 03

Is this the same tree2 who put a load of !'s in a thread last night and made it widescreen?

tree2 19:41 09 Apr 03

shutup it is not even fo my computer its a friends one

graham 19:52 09 Apr 03

You said it was yours.

Installer. 20:00 09 Apr 03

OOOH ERRRR bit of a domestic.....

flecc 21:10 09 Apr 03

If degaussing doesn't work, get the same magnet and pass it to and from the colour fringed area in various directions so that the magnetic field grows and dies.

You'll see the colour fringing change and you'll find a movement that will reduce it to near zero. Then the usual degaussing when switching on and off the monitor will get rid of the rest fairly quickly.

Unorthodox, but it does work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…