Magix Video Edit Pro 15 plus or Silver

Sandy Glen 23:33 28 Nov 10

Hi, I bought a new Gateway laptop the other week in the USA, it's very fast with good RAM and HDD capacity. It also has Windows 7 installed, soI thought all I had to do intall my video eding software andmake my movies even faster than when I used my old laptop with XP which worked with no problem. You can imagine when I found that Magix would not see my DVD writer, this was with Magix Video EditPro 15 PLus. I went onto Magix site and found that my version was not compatable with Windows 7. OK, I then noticed that PC Advisor were giving a trial version (Silver) which they said would work with Windows 7. So I uninstalled version 15 plus and then installed the Silver version, well it still would not see my DVD writer. I'm now going up the wall, can anyone help, I'm sure ut's a windows 7 driver problem.

Thanks for any help you might be able to givr.

Dragon_Heart 02:20 29 Nov 10

Why not use the Movie Maker software in Winows 7, it's free ! OK OK it's not a good but it will keep you going.

I've had a few problems with my PC at it runs the 64 bit version of Windows.

Movie Edit Pro 17 works with Windows 7 !

Sandy Glen 14:31 29 Nov 10

Thanks for geting back to me so soon. Yes I'm using Movie Maker just to get by at present. I also know that versions 16-17 works with Windows 7. I feel it's not very good service from Magix that thye do nor provide patch for earlier versions, it's just away of making people spend more money on an upgrade. I'll just wait and see if anyone can help me in other ways.

jimv7 15:14 29 Nov 10

Have you tried running it in compatability mode.

Sandy Glen 19:31 29 Nov 10

No I have not tried the compatability angle, but it seems stainge that the silver version is supossed to be compatabile with Windows 7, so why it does not see the burner is a bit strange.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…