Magix VHS to DVD sound out of sync

eddiemoose 21:45 27 Feb 09

I have purchased Magix Rescue your video tapes to convert my VHS collection to DVD. When I have burned the DVD the picture and sound are out of sync. I have checked the forums etc for this problem & the best answer I have had is that other programs running are putting a strain on my system & I need to close them to allow Magix to do it's job. I have tried msconfig but not sure what I can close without creating other problems. Does anyone know of a free/cheap program I could run to find what can be closed? I am open to suggestions of other causes if anyone knows of any.
I have tried converting on my desktop running XP media centre SP3 & my wifes laptop Vista Home & both exceed the spec required by Magix.

eedcam 22:04 27 Feb 09

It may well be nowt to do with that but you could disconnect from the internet close your anti virus spyware internet explorer etc though thats probably not the problem .Also burn at the lowest speed Too late now but you would be have been better getting a dvd recorder and using that much ther easier way to go and avoids the Sync problem which alas is not uncommon

woodchip 22:04 27 Feb 09

Video Graphics card that you are using to capture from Video is not compatible with what you are trying to do

sunnystaines 09:23 28 Feb 09

i had the same problem with it, no impressed with this software since unistalled it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant