Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 (Jan 2011 cover disc)error

wbae 19:21 08 Nov 10

I have tried to load the Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 from the January Cover Disc and get an IO error at the end of the load, which it says indicates corrupt install files.

It has loaded and when I run it it says possible install folder is damaged error code 6.

Is it the cover DVD faulty, or is anyone else getting this problem ?

wbae 19:39 08 Nov 10

Although it installs to hard disc the error appears on trying to run it, I have tried to uninstall but it has no facility in the start menu, and it does not appear on the list of installed programs.

I have deleted the folder which it was in on the hard disc, and copied the installation file off the Cover DVD onto my hard disc and tried again to no avail, I suspect its faulty on the Cover Disc, and others may get the same problems.

My OS is XP, and PC is Dell 9400 laptop

Wuggy 12:37 11 Nov 10

Same problem here on both XP and Win 7 with same I/O error and difficulty uninstalling. Looks like the file on the DVD is corrupt. Wonder if PCA will put up a link to download.

GaT7 12:56 11 Nov 10

From click here & at the bottom:

"If your cover disc is faulty, please click here (you will need to be registered and logged in) and complete the form to have a replacement sent out." G

Wuggy 13:03 11 Nov 10

I suspect that it is the data on every DVD which is corrupt rather than a few individual DVD's. A new DVD will not solve the problem unless the data on it is replaced. That's why I suggested a download link.

GaT7 13:09 11 Nov 10

Good point. Why don't you request for them to test the DVD before sending it out. G

GaT7 13:09 11 Nov 10

Just found it can be downloaded for free from V3 click here. G

GaT7 13:14 11 Nov 10

To get a registration code (if the one on the PCA DVD doesn't work):

"Click Help > Register the program. In the pop up, click activate. You will be taken to Magix site. Create an account, then log in to it and follow the steps. You will receive your activation in an email."

G

wbae 14:21 11 Nov 10

Thanks for the suggestions, I was pretty sure the DVD has corrupt files rather than requesting another DVD from the symptoms I had.

I agree with wuggy, looks like there will be a few complaints, PC Advisor need to offer an alternative, perhaps the link you suggest is the answer, I will try it.

Thanks again Ecky

Wuggy 14:23 11 Nov 10

Thanks Crossbow. Downloaded and installed. Just waiting on an email from Magix with activation code. They seem to be a wee bit slow.

wbae 14:38 11 Nov 10

Yes thanks Crossbow, I have downloaded it and it installs ok, only query is on the Help the register online is greyed out, so looks like I do not need to register which seems strange, do you think its time limited ?

Ecky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…