Magix Audio Cleaning Lab

mjd 23:48 02 Jan 05

I installed Magix Audio Cleaning Lab De Luxe 2005 which includes a program called Media Manager. During the installation of MediaManager i was asked if I wanted this program to be used for opening various types of files including among others *.WAV and *.JPEG. I selected them all and continued with the installation which was successful.

However, I now find that I can't use thumbnail view in Windows Explorer to view my photos. When I click on a photo it opens in Media Manager (obviously!) I then uninstalled the entire Audio Cleaning Lab and Media Manager hoping it would return everything to the status quo. However, now when I click on a photo I get a message saying "Windows cannot find MediaManager.Exe. This program is needed to open files of type 'JPEG'

Does anyone know how I can restore thumbnail view to the way it was previously?

Thanks in anticipation

MJD

mjd 23:56 02 Jan 05

SHould have said I'm using Windows 98

mjd 18:13 03 Jan 05

Hey folks, I've solved the problem by restoring a backup copy of my Registry i.e. one created a few months before I installed Audio Cleaning Lab.

Restoring the old version of the registry (created in September 2004) casued the system to put the system clock back by one hour for daylight saving and also messed up the desktop wallpaper. However these were just minor problems and easily rectified.

Just goes to show the importance of making a backup of the registry before installing any new software.

regards

MJD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…