magicstar mp3 flashdrive

simfrance 20:51 17 Mar 03

wont run on win 98
i have installed the driver but i cant get it to work, the icon is meant to appear in 'my computer' ,but 'my computer' disagreas!
i know basically nothin about the wacky world of web wizards, especially after a good smoke.
anyone got one? great value from maplin only 70quid!
the instructions r great..if your a dyslexic jap that is ( no offence if you are tho ) ..i need all the help i can get.
p.s already tried kickin it..didnt work

powerless 21:16 17 Mar 03

Connect it backup.

Then go to start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager...

Are there any Yellow Exclamation marks?

powerless 18:19 21 Mar 03

"yes there is a question mark and an exclamation mark along side the mp3 usb port.
but i tried removin and installing it loads of times but it still says the same.
the first time i installed it i think i did it with the mp3 connected, do you think that would have destroyed it?".

If you Right click the device in the Device Manager and choose Update Driver. Windows will want to know where to look. Put a tick in "Windows Update"...Be connected to the internet when you are doing this.

flecc 20:38 21 Mar 03

I've got a similar USB stick given by Personal Computer World magazine when subscribing and it has the same problem.

It appears to be due to poor connections.

The connecting strips appear to be metallised surface coatings onto plastic and are concave in profile, resulting in them not making reliable contact.

It's so near to useless that I've given up on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…