a mag with xp service pack 1 on cover disk?

pookie 11:56 12 Aug 03

Hi

Do you know of any mags at moment that have service pack 1 for xp on cover disks. I can't find one anywhere and my modem is playing up so I can't get on internet to download it - I'm using a different machine to type this.

Many thanks

P

Jester2K II 12:05 12 Aug 03

Get it on CD ROM from MS

call 0870 60 10 100

or online

click here

Can't see any mags with it though...

pookie 12:22 12 Aug 03

thanks jester2k II for reply - i really wanted to format and reinstall xp tonight as pc has a few problems. i've read past posts on those problems and clean reinstall was the solution.

thanks

P

Jester2K II 12:24 12 Aug 03

I'm not sue if MS allows them to do until it been available for a while... I'll have another look...

alcudia 12:28 12 Aug 03

Why don't you reformat to fix your problems and then download the service pack and install it.
By the way the file is an enornmous 125mb.
Hope you've got broadband.

pookie 13:23 12 Aug 03

no 56k only - another reason for disk.

anymore thoughts before i go out to shops?

P

Jester2K II 13:23 12 Aug 03

Intenet Cafe - they will allow you to download and burn to CD.

SEASHANTY 13:53 12 Aug 03

It was on the PC PRO mag disc, Issue 100 February 03. It is also on disc supplied with The Instant Expert Guide to Windows XP (VNU Business Publications - from W.H. Smith). Look in WH Smith branch for Mags Sporting Windows XP in large letters. One of the current ones prob has the SP1 update on disc.

alcudia 14:00 12 Aug 03

Just been into Smiths and looked at all of them.
Nothing I'm afraid. It was doing the rounds about six months ago, but that's not a lot of good. Sorry

pookie 14:20 12 Aug 03

thanks for replies - internet cafe it is. how do you download it to disk? when i did it last time to xp i thought that microsoft update site had to search your system to see what updates were needed and then it automatically downloaded/installed/configured it. i don't recall seeing an option to save it to disk.

P

alcudia 15:03 12 Aug 03

The Service pack download screen will give you the option to save to disc rather than install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple