mag dvd: "full" programs amount to 30day trial

sixbrix 11:55 02 Nov 07

i thought i'd try out the full version of "a-squared anti-malware vs3" from the free dvd but after 30mins of setup and online registration i find i am only going to get a 30day trial! previous to that i tried install the full version of "kaspersky internet security v6.0" and that was not a full program either?
has anyone else found this with other software?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:36 02 Nov 07

It is a programme where you can use all the features for a 30 day trial...seems fairly clear to me.

G

cocteau48 13:46 02 Nov 07

Also beware the other old bogey off the internet;
"FREE DOWNLOAD"
Yes you can download it for free but you have to pay to actually use it or get it to work fully.

Jake_027 13:56 02 Nov 07

Have you registered it as instructed in the magazine? If you don't put a key in you can't register it. I haven't got the mag in front of me but usually there is a web address to go to to get an unlock code

Totally-braindead 13:56 02 Nov 07

Its something that continues to annoy me I must admit. A full version to me means it works fully and its not time limited, if its time limited its a trial not a full program. The magazine presumably disagrees with my interpretation.

I must admit thats why I hardly ever load any of the programs. I am not interested in trials if I was I would download them.

crosstrainer 14:42 02 Nov 07

And the other term should read "Trial" :)

carmichy 14:54 02 Nov 07

Will some one tell me where I get free meal No not you Gandalf you are a wizard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos